I want to share my South African experiences with beloved friends and family, from 9,500 miles away!
Please read about my life, and be sure to tell me about yours!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the drakensburg mountains


Here are a few (few- photos take a long time to load) pictures of our 7 hour journey through the Drakensburg Mountains. It was some of the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen.


Hard to believe, but it is much more beautiful in person.


Kelsey and I

We are now in Durban, where we will be for the rest of the program. We've been having so so so much fun these last few days- new exciting things every day. Yesterday included some beach time and a ride to the top of the 2010 World Cup Stadium for incredible views of the city. Today we were 'dropped off' in various parts of Durban, and had to find our way to different locations using transportation. It ended with shopping at a street market for a small gift for our roommates. My inherited bartering skills came in handy.. haha. Tonight we are going to a soccer game at the same World Cup Stadium (Moses Manbida Stadium), which should be so exciting! Tomorrow our lectures start, and we join our homestay families on Friday!!!!

Life is so worth living.








No comments:

Post a Comment